Thursday, October 4, 2012

About Jersey Customs Web & Game Creations

JCWC was started in 2009 as a web design/development, hosting, and computer repair company.
        
         I had been doing repair, and development since 1999 when it was a big business. Launching some websites as early as 16. After high school I got some jobs in I.T. and Networking as a help desk, and also in local shops, but I wasn't getting very far and it wasn't mine. After the last shop I decided to go out on my own.
         Because of the state of the economy, and a small town, I had a hard time getting started, even with some development and repair jobs coming in, and the first year we went under $3,000. The website which had traffic is temporarily offline at the moment. We are redesigning for all aspects. (See Below)
         As I was told yesterday when talking to someone, 98% of all businesses fail. Now I'm not trying to discourage people, I didn't give up as you see. I just realized that my formula was wrong. I settled on a real job while I went back to the drawing board.
           Late 2009, early 2010 I decided to jump on board the Android wagon. My first project I decided JCWC was going to do was a children's game. That idea turned into a 3 game series that has been turned over to HisInstrument Gaming Studios and added to the "Jimmy Series".(More on that in a later post) Before that game was turned over it got me thinking and learning new skills. While working real jobs, I was working on JCWC more and more. I was still yearning for that freedom, that creativity, that ownership.
           Jump ahead to 2011. I started getting more into Android and less on the rest of  JCWC's services. I got a new job and a co-worker and I wanted more then we had so we talked about a partnership. Long story, but in the end a partnership is not for me. No apps we discussed as doing together have been made more then a prototype though.
         The thing I did get out of it is that I was passionate about my field, and went into development full blown making apps for local businesses, and brainstorming for my own launches. The result was around 11 apps and games are currently in development. That also started a new plan for JCWC as we were moving to a full blown studio.
           So in September 2012 I was conflicted with the JCWC brand which has some recognition and everything is filed as, and whether to change it to a more fitting title like Jersey Customs Game Studios. I like that name but I don't want to change it that drastically. Looking around I realized how many studios divide their teams so I though Jersey Customs Game Creations. It fit, as I was still "creating" games and they were creative. So I was trying to make up my mind on whether to even change it when demand for JCWC's original services picked up. Thus the result is I'm splitting JCWC into two divisions.

Jersey Customs Web Creation - Will now be for the following:

Web Solutions - Development, Design, Management/Updating, etc.
Network Solutions - Commercial, Setup, Tech Support, etc.
Repair Solutions - Computer: Home, Commercial, In-Store, Tech Support, etc.
Phone Solutions - Android: Updates, Repair, Bricked, Recovery, etc.

Adding Later:

Video Solutions -
Graphic Services -
Programing Solutions -
Whatever Else Is Needed

Jersey Customs Game Creations - Will Now Be For The Following:
* = adding on - ? = by demand

Apps - Android, Chrome, iOS*, Nook?, Kindle?
Games -
            Handheld Systems - Android, iOS*, (Vita?, DS?, are TBD)
            PC - Chrome, Windows*
            Console - May add downloadable games (TBD)

Whatever Else Is Needed

In Closing JCWC & JCGC sites are coming. Apps, and Games are on the way. and I will be doing a new post every few days.

Next Post: "The decline of computer shops"

Thanks and til next time, Jersey

Also check out my social feeds: (not completely finished but will be soon)

Twitter: https://twitter.com/gpig84
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/jerseycustomsgamecreations
Google+: Okey. gplus.to/JerseyCustomsWebCreations

No comments:

Post a Comment